 Off-Topic / Fun / 4575
Re: Nutty Christians....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 19:04:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal writes:
This list of excerpts from various Church bulletins was forwarded to me
and made me lol.  Enjoy:-)

-John

1. The Scouts are saving aluminum
     cans, bottles and other items to be
     recycled. Proceeds will be
     used to cripple children.

2. Ladies Bible Study will be held
     Thursday morning at 10. All ladies
     are invited to lunch in the Fellowship
     Hall after the B.S. is done.

3. The pastor would appreciate it
     if the ladies of the congregation
     would lend him their electric girdles
     for the pancake breakfast next Sunday
     morning.

4. Low Self Esteem Support Group
     will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please
     use the back door.

5. The pastor will preach his farewell
     message, after which the choir
     will sing, "Break Forth Into Joy."

6. A songfest was hell at the Methodist
     church Wednesday.

7. Remember in prayer the many
     who are sick of our church and
     community.

8. The eighth-graders will be presenting
     Shakespeare's Hamlet in the
     Church basement Friday at 7 PM.
     The Congregation is invited to attend
     this tragedy.

9. Thursday night Potluck Supper.
     Prayer and medication to follow.

10. The rosebud on the altar this
      morning is to announce the birth of
      David, the sin of Rev. and Mrs. Adams.

11. Tuesday at 4 PM there will be an
      ice cream social. All ladies
      giving milk will please come early.

12. A bean supper will be held on
      Tuesday evening in the church hall.
      Music will follow.

13. At the evening service tonight,
      the sermon topic will be "What Is
      Hell?" Come early and listen to
      our choir practice.

14. Weight Watchers will meet at
      7 PM at the First Presbyterian
      Church. Please use large double
      door at the side entrance.

15. Mrs. Johnson will be entering
      the hospital this week for testes.

16. Please join us as we show our
      support for Amy and Alan who are
      preparing for the girth of their first child.

17. The Lutheran Men's group will
      meet at 6 PM. Steak, mashed
      potatoes, green beans, bread and
      dessert will be served for a nominal feel.

18. The Associate Minister unveiled
      the church's new tithing campaign
      slogan last Sunday: "I Upped
      My Pledge - Up Yours."

19. Our next song is "Angels
      We Have Heard Get High."

20. Don't let worry kill you, let the church help.

21. For those of you who have
      children and don't know it, we have a
      nursery downstairs.

22. This being Easter Sunday, we will
      ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward
      and lay an egg on the altar.

23. The service will close with Little
      Drops of Water. One of the
      ladies will start quietly and the rest
      of the congregation will join in.

24. Eight new choir robes are
      currently needed, due to the addition of
      several new members and to the
      deterioration of some older ones.

25. The senior choir invites any
      member of the congregation who enjoys
      sinning to join the choir.
Another one:
This Sunday, we will have Father Green as the visiting pastor with his wife,
Ms. Green.  We invite everyone to stay after the service for the Hanging of the
Greens.
Alan