 Off-Topic / Fun / 4569
Re: Thirsty monkeys stone herder to death!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 06:40:54 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:

Adam Hoekwater wrote:
http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGI4A1PH25C.html
Man, I hope this is true.

Why?

Because it's evolutionarily interesting?  At any rate, I hope it's not
because someone died.  I'm not aware of too many attacks by packs of
tool-using *anything* in the annals of history, save other human beings.

It's interesting that they actually stop to speculate on the "kind" of
monkey that "carried out" the "purported attack" (why, the thirsty
kind!)--they seem to be a bit confused as to whether to use
animal-signifier words or human-signifier ones for tool-using apes.  It
kind of butts into that margin of comfort.

best

Lindsay