 Off-Topic / Fun / 417
Re: A stupid DOS question.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 02:29:52 GMT

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998 22:29:49 GMT, janssenjasper@hotmail.com (Jasper
Janssen) wrote:
Although I'm sure a 386sx/16 with 4 megs could probably dial in and
run telnet just fine.

That it definitely can do. Lynx willl run pretty well, too. And I
suspect even a graphical browser over X-windows would beat out
Netscape + win 3.11 on a 486/33 or thereabouts... And prolly
definitely be able to keep up with a modem. especially a slow one -
let's face it, you're not gonna have a 56k modem connected to
386sx/16, now, are you?

Really?  I have a 386/40 (with an upgrade chip to TI 486/40) sitting
here doing diddly.  You're tempting me to try Linux on it.

Like I really need something new to spend time on....

-- Terry K --