 Off-Topic / Fun / 406
Re: A stupid DOS question.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 20:26:34 GMT

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998 18:30:55 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve
Bliss) wrote:

I'm not familiar with PC-DOS, but all versions of MS-DOS up through 6.22
run great on 1MB.  Even 640K.  Anything more than that is just for
improved application functionality/performance.

True. But with a 640k MSDOS machine, anything more than wp5.1 is
taxing. With a 4 meg, 386sx/16 Linux machine, you can be fully
connected to the internet, as a server, bridge, router, or brouter,
even, without much trouble.

Jasper