 Off-Topic / Fun / 404
Re: A stupid DOS question.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 18:30:55 GMT

Once upon a time, janssenjasper@hotmail.com (Jasper Janssen) wrote:

If you _really_ want a command line interface that runs on pretty
modest comps, install Linux. Slackware 3.4 works off of 4 megs, even,
with some fiddling. Actually, my sentiments run more like: ewwww. DOS.
:)

I'm not familiar with PC-DOS, but all versions of MS-DOS up through 6.22
run great on 1MB.  Even 640K.  Anything more than that is just for
improved application functionality/performance.

Steve