 Off-Topic / Fun / 4051
Re: Melancholia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 03:28:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Franks writes:

Oh, I know.. and the offense has now gone but the sadness and disappointment
still remain {1}.

Richard

{1} Which somehow reminds me of a Smiths lyric, from which I should
refrain.(2)

Sounds kinda Floyd-y, to me!  In any case, the more you ignore me, the closer
I'll get!

o/~ Alone on a park bench, while the rain flattens my hair,
    My daffodils are floppy, but yet I don't care.
    If I died on this bench, and a squirrel ate my knee,
    at least I could be happy he had something good for tea.

    Oh alone, alone, alone.. for only one thing am I good,
    Moping and crying and being mobile forest creature food o/~

I must dig out those CDs, my ability to create a Smiths verse at will is waning
:)

Richard