 Off-Topic / Fun / 3741
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 00:08:02 GMT

I'm a geographer in training.  I'm a senior at Sam Houston State University,
and
I hope to go on to a master's (somewhere) in either Urban geography or
Geomorphology.  Geography is my greatest passion, even more so than Legos, but
to be a geographer working for Lego, well that would be amazing.  You know,
Lego
probably does employ geographers for site analysis.  What kind of work do you
do?

Unfortunately, I haven't used my Geography in about 5 years - and it was always
as a part of special projects. Right now I'm a curriculum developer/trainer for
a software company.

There are so many opportunities now for geographers that I coudl kick myself
for being born 15 years too soon! Make sure you check out the AAG - they have a
guide to graduate departments in Geography that could give you some insight.

And learn at least one GIS program, if you haven't already. For me, it was
MapInfo.

Best of luck!!

Paul S