 Off-Topic / Fun / 3277
Re: Tap fans unite! (You Can't Really Dust for Vomit.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 01:16:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal writes:
This is an informal roll call for Spinal Pap fans.
I was wondering how many there
are of us.  Perhaps an NG might be in order;-) [off-topic.11]??
So if you are a Spinal Tarp fan, sound off!

-John

Eric Kingsley wrote:

<snip>

OK, while we're quoting movies, here's what happens when you confuse feet'
with inches".

"There was a Stonehenge monument out there that was in danger of being
crushed by a dwarf!"

(Easy one -- name that movie!)

"But mine goes up to 11"

Spinal Tap Dude!!

Eric

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

(This Is) Spinal Tap is absolutely one of my all-time favorite movies.  I think
the greatest aspect of it is that, although it is completely off-the-wall, you
can also believe that somewhere out there, "in the topsy-turvy world of Rock
and Roll," some band or other has really done everything in the movie.

At work, we have a lot of interesting discussions that are fueled by the
question "Name your favorite 5 movies of all time, and also your least favorite
5 movies of all time."  It is amazing what you can learn about a person by how
they answer this question.  (You also get some good tips for your next rental
once you learn how to compensate for the differing tastes of your friends.)

Tap is definitely in my top 5, probably in the number one spot...

I just love the scene where the band is trying to find the stage when they are
lost in the basement!

(How did "Meathead" ever become such a great movie director?)