 Off-Topic / Fun / 3199
Re: New to me - dial anyone in the USA using your computer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 18:32:04 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:
Ok, what's the catch?

Well, I can't be absolutely sure, but there didn't seem to be a
catch, or else I wouldn't have posted it.

Try it for yourself.  Won't benefit me at all, except in the sense
that if this venture succeeds, maybe we'll be able to talk to some
of our out of state friends/family for free from now on without all
the BS of Netmeeting and junk.

The only thing some people might find annoying, and I can't imagine
who would, is that the java applet (or whatever it is) that pops up
for you to type your numbers into flashes banner ads at you.

But you know what?  I'll look at a few banner ads to talk LD for
free.  Or I'll turn my head.  :)

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/