 Off-Topic / Fun / 3175
3174  |  3176
Subject:
Pronunciation Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:45:08 GMT

I have existed in my own little LEGO universe for the past few years and it
is just recently that I was exposed in the flesh to other AFOL.  An
interesting thing occurs when people just read words and do not hear them
used in conversation, they make up their own pronunciation.

A question that I now have is what is the correct pronunciation of TECHNIC?
I have always pronounced it tech-nick while I often hear other saying
tech-nique.

While we are on the topic, what about Scala?  Most people I know pronounce
it with a long A but a case could be made for using a short A.

Guess I have too much time on my hands today.

--
Scott Smallbeck
scotts@contactics.com