 Off-Topic / Fun / 3044
3043  |  3045
Subject:
Only in NY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:16:39 GMT

    A New Yorker walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the loan
  officer. She says she is going to Europe on business for two weeks and
needs to borrow $5,000. The bank officer says the bank will need some kind
of security for such a loan, so the Blonde hands over the keys to a new
Rolls Royce parked on the street in front of the bank. Everything checks
out, and the bank agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan. An
employee drives the Rolls into the bank's underground garage and parks it
there.

    Two weeks later, the New Yorker returns, repays the $5,000 and the
interest, which comes to $15.41. The loan officer says, "We are very happy
to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely,
but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and
found that you are a  multimillionaire. What puzzles us is why would you
bother to borrow $5,000?"

    The New Yorker replied, "Where else in New York can I park my car for
two weeks for 15 bucks?"