 Off-Topic / Fun / 2643
2642  |  2644
Subject:
Son of Beast at King's Island, Spring 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 19:57:54 GMT

Has anyone else heard about this coaster?  It's supposed to set the following
seven world records for wooden coasters:

(taken from http://www.pki.com)
1.   The world's tallest wooden roller coaster (218 feet).
2.   The world's tallest wooden roller coaster drop (214 feet).
3.   The world's fastest wooden roller coaster (78 mph).
4.   The world's only looping wooden roller coaster.
5.   The park with the most wooden roller coaster track (22,619 feet -- almost
       4.3 miles!).
6.   A tie for the most wooden roller coasters at any park on earth (5).
7.   A tie for the most roller coasters at any park on earth (13).

You can see a picture of the track layout as well as some Quicktimes that
simulate riding the coaster, go to http://www.pki.com/pki.asp and navigate
through the "What's New" section and then "Ride the Sequel".

Just thought you other coaster freaks might like to know :-)

-Mike (who hopes he still lives in Ohio next Spring...)