 Off-Topic / Fun / 246
Re: Time to move to MN?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 23:30:44 GMT

Mike Stanley writes:
Tom McDonald <rocketman@familySPAMTHISradio.com> wrote:
Mike Stanley writes:
Looks like they have a new governor - Jesse "The Body" Ventura.

You're kidding! Really? You can't be serious. Next thing you know the
Bushwhackers will run for both MN senate seats...

Serious.  First Pro Wrestler elected to major office, I bet.

I wonder if reactions were similar when Reagan was elected governor of
California?

I live in California, but haven't ever directly asked anyone old enough about
it. I'm pretty sure results were similar though. From time to time I still hear
a joke or two about it.

I remember in the college radio station we had a copy of the Wrestling Album,
and Jesse "The Body" Ventura was on it with a bunch of other folks, including
Hulk and Jake the Snake, all from the WWF. We used to play clips of it
between songs. Is Elisabeth still his girlfriend? Haven't kept up. Too busy
playing with lego...

-Tom McD.

tfn, radiotitan@yahoo.com