 Off-Topic / Fun / 2394
  Re: Phonetics for "LUGNET" trademark and member IDs (was Re: member id's: simple numbers or something mo

(...) Fortunately, you don't expect me to pass this one up. (...) That's okay. It's a little-known fact that a sonorant is the high-pitched sqawking sound made by someone rapidly applying a rubber eraser to a pencil mark on a shaky metal table. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  sonorants and fricatives

(...) LOL!!! I'm laughing so hard I can hardly breathe. God, what I would give for a daily word-definition like that by e-mail in the morning, or an "Ask Jeremy" box on a web page where you could ask what a word meant. :) --Todd (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Phonetics for "LUGNET" trademark and member IDs (was Re: member id's: simple numbers or something mo

(...) It's a "smart-ass thing" actually. (...) can (...) The first table-joint lubricant, made largely of walrus fat oil and safflower extract, was called "Dr. Numba's Anti-Sonorant Potion". Dr. Numba was an alias of a former carpet-bagger turned (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Phonetics for "LUGNET" trademark and member IDs (was Re: member id's: simple numbers or something mo

(...) Avid "Northern Exposure" fans might recall that a bilabial fricative refers to the state of mind one achieves while awaiting an answer from an Athapascan spirit while consming bilibiatho (1) blowing in from Inuit grounds. Cheers, - jsproat 1. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Phonetics for "LUGNET" trademark and member IDs (was Re: member id's: simple numbers or something mo

(...) Hostess Sno-balls are good example of the usage of this substance. -Tom McD. when replying, little wedge-shaped spamcakes make good climbing pitons. (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)