 Off-Topic / Fun / 2344
Re: Perl rules!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:08:40 GMT

Under duress in lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy "Bloat" Sproat has confessed to
writing:
Don Heyse wrote:
.COM programs used nothing but relative pointers and fit
in less than 1 64K segment.  That's tiny in my book.  Nowadays, tiny
rarely fits on a 1.44 meg floppy. [...]
I sorta gave in and joined the bloat crew.

I, too, am a card-carrying member of the Bloat Crew.  I was going to get a
Bloat Crew poster for the occasion, 'cause the feature set on those babies
looks like it'd be a lot of fun, but I couldn't fit it into my car.

I saw the bloat crew the other day. They were working on a stretch of I-80
right near Albany (California). There was an amazing bloat almost hidden
behind each of those orange vests.. You wouldn't believe how many hoagies and
Molsens it takes to get that way.

-Tom McD.
when replying, smile, you're on Candid Spamcake!