 Off-Topic / Fun / 2110
Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 18:23:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John DiRienzo writes:
  Now, I thought John Neal had come up with a good debate topic, but he
moved the thread to the Boston group.  Can I argue here?  Is that legal?

Technically moreso here than in the Boston group. But I spose it could
continue there if folks don't complain.

If
so, I think Barney Miller was the Best Show ever. Period. ST. E and HSB took
too much time (but they were better than the trash which is shown now).

Ooo hadn't thought of that one. I really enjoyed that show. My two favs on
that show were Steve Landesberg and Jack Soo.

-Tom McD.
when replying, be advised that tempura fried spamcake is appearing in cheaper
chinese take-out places.

John Neal wrote:

Well, I used to watch "Cheers".  Does that count?  Actually, my favorite
show of all time is St. Elsewhere.  Best show ever.  Period.  ER is merely
a slick rip-off.  *Any* good drama today owes its success to St. E, and
possibly Hill Street Blues.