 Off-Topic / Fun / 1875
Re: The Blair Witch Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 06:18:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Stembel writes:
Has anyone heard about a movie called The Blair Witch Project?

I have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting for this movie.  I heard about
it around 5 or 6 months ago.

Yeah, same here.  I was reading movie news and I saw the title and though
(jokingly),"I wonder if it has anything to do with my High school?"  I • couldn't
believe it when I saw it takes place practically in my backyard! (1)  ;)

Really?  Will you be recognising parts of the town, then?  Is it that close?
Neat.

It does sound seriously scary.

Plus, if it won at Cannes, its gotta be good!

You'd think that... Heh.  I try not to go into any movie with any kinds of
expectations.  It gets hard, sometimes, but we do try.

I hope so.  I love the cinema- I was up to going about twice a week at one
point- but I have become a bit jaded of late.

Twice a week?  Wow!  Did you watch movies multiple times or did you just watch
whatever was playing?

Well, I didn't watch *whatever* was playing, but I did watch a large variety.
There are about 20 screens half an hour from me in one direction, another 12 or
so in the other, and then a 6 screen theatre opened in my hometown showing
mostly foreign/independant films.

I rarely repeat movies (with some notable exceptions)... I mostly do only if
going out means something else (ie, hanging with friends, spending time with
someone important-if you get my drift- etc).

I haven't been as rabid of late, though.  At some point I realsied how
expensive it was getting.  I still manage to see the things I want, of course.

eric