 Off-Topic / Fun / 183
Re: College room inspection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 23:38:29 GMT

Pawel Nazarewicz <orpawel@aol.com> wrote:
"Who is it?" - I mutter... I was hoping it's not my roommate, cause my
side is a total mess ...
"Josh - your RA - room inspection."

Heh, I lived in the dorms for a year (Greve) after I got out of the
Army and came to UTK.  I remember the first (and only) time my RA (a
19 year old kid who thought I was more than a little scary because I
had never spoken to him and only stared at him when he spoke to me)
asked to come in and "inspect" my room.  I think I said, "Go away and
don't come back."  He did.  :)

It wasn't that I enjoyed being a jerk, although I have to admit it was
a little fun to listen to him whisper to the dude across the hall
about how dangerous I might be.  I just had a hard time adjusting to
going from living in barracks with people who actually cared about
themselves and their homes to living in a zoo with a bunch of animals
who seemed to have never learned how to do simple things like flush
the toilet or not vomit on the floor in the hallway.

Needless to say I got my own apartment after that year. :)

Man... Half the room was covered with Legos.  This didn't seem like a
typical college dorm room.  But as soon as they saw them, they got
pumped ("I love Legos!" - one of them stated), and they started checking
out my models on display (6060 Knight's Challenge, Knight's stronghold,
and a Space Police 1 spaceship).   Needless to say I passed;)

Glad yours worked out for you, though.  :)

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide