 Off-Topic / Fun / 1790
Re: MQS outbreak [was Re: More train ranting (sorry)]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 05:25:13 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal writes:
Tom McDonald wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
What possible reason could there be
for not creating a train window and door pack tomorrow?  I'm serious.
It *can't* be because they fear they will lose money!  IT WOULD BE THEIR
BIGGEST SELLER!  It's inconceivable.

(so said the Smartest Man in the World, "The Princess Bride" :)

Never go against a Sicilian when *LEGO* is on the line!

That's not a threat with some "organized" muscle behind it is it? ;)

HEY!  Take that to .pun, pal....Oh, I made a punny! hehehe... <catapulted>
IEEEE!!!!

Someone tell me I'm way off base,

That would be the only place where you would be off-base, that it would be
their biggest seller. No doubt it would be big, but biggest? IMO, that's
stretching it. But "I feel your pain.."

Ah, but which would you suppose is their *biggest* seller?

Number of sets sold, or $$ raked in? I'll wager that Train is not first in
either. Over Lego's history, I'd have to go with Town. One of the reasons
being that you can't buy most of the train stuff just anywhere. Note that I
don't like disagreeing with you on this - I'd very much like to see Train get
bigger and better. Plus, it's as if Train is almost another theme every two
years now anyway, just like Town, both of which are horrendously suffering.

You said "_is_ their biggest seller" and you used the proper verb tense.
Trains happens to be one of the "biggest" largely due to the fact that it is
one of the longest running themes.

Actually, when I said "biggest seller", I was referring to service packs,
meaning it would be their biggest selling *service pack*

But it's certainly not biggest based on this year's offering. How many train
fans are going to actually going to pay money for that pathetic 4561 because
it's a great set? Not many. More likely they'll see a great opportunity for
parts and buy one or two (or six, Larry) for the windows and the little
schedule sign.

when replying, don't feel the spamcake.

Where is your hand?
Between two spamcakes.