 Off-Topic / Fun / 1485
1484  |  1486
Subject:
"Too many body parts"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 14:04:28 GMT

So I'm going the bounced-mail folder here this morning, deciding if any of
these represent defunct enough errors to delete anyone from a mailing list,
and I had to chuckle at this message below...

(I replaced the real address@aol.com with {address}@aol.com to protect the
innocent.)

--Todd

[...]

<{address}@aol.com>

... while talking to air-yb05.mail.aol.com.:
DATA
<<< 552 REQUESTED MAIL ACTION ABORTED: TOO MANY BODY PARTS
554 <{address}@aol.com>... Service unavailable

[...]

The message bounced because it contained a digest message with 117 MIME
components.  :-(

Subject: lugnet.market.auction (1999.04.26.1000) #1260-1377 (117 articles)

I guess I'd better limit the digests to 50 or 100 (or so) messages per
digest-message.

--Todd