 Off-Topic / Fun / 11470
Re: First logo attempt: KeithLUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2007 05:23:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Keith Goldman wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:

Wow, finally a logo worthy of this wretched hive of scum and villainy I call my home town.

Not a whit about the complete banality of the Vegas sign as logo platform?? You tread too easily on me!

   If I could nitpick something, it should be KeithLUG, not KEITHLUG. Emphasis on LUG.

I see! Thinking back, I should have guessed that the “KEITH” in “KeithLUG” actually referred to you and wasn’t some weird acronymal coincidence. Who knew? We learn, we move on.

   While I’m being nitpicky, the phrase I used on ACPin was “cap yourself”, because I’m far to important to the organization to be capped.

“Nitpick”? Meow. You puss; bring the smack already!

   Further, you might consider our current KeithLUG brand-slogan “You Control the Action”.

I like this, though I’m not sure that I want to know too much WRT what that “action” might be...

   Don’t confuse this with a failure to appreciate your effort and creativity. I’m honored that you’d even make an attempt.

Apparently my efforts to tweak the House of Smack™ have been taken in stride; I am but a neophyte in the ways of smack; my efforts are pitiful I know.

JOHN