 Off-Topic / Fun / 11436
Re: 2007 Oak Ridge Horn Honk Info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:32:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Bob Parker wrote:

This sounds like a fun day for Train enthusiasts for sure! I was just curious what engine(s) would be used during the event? What railroad liveries will be seen - any fallen flags or only those currently in business?

Bob,

In the past, we’ve used an EMD GP30, EMD SW1, ALCO C420, and an ALCO RS1. The GP30 is ex-L&N/Seaboard System, while the C420 is ex-Lehigh Valley. Not sure about the RS1, though I believe it was purchased by the government for use at the Oak Ridge facility. We’re probably using the GP30 and C420 this year.

For those who plan on attending, I’d strongly suggest bringing along hearing protection.

-HRH