 Off-Topic / Fun / 11329
Re: malicious behavior
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 04:06:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Allister McLaren wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Allister McLaren wrote:

<snip>

Well, at least someone's' taking this thread, and indeed Eric, seriously. I know
I'm not.

You misread me, sir.  I'm not 'taking Eric seriuously'.  I am, however, taking
injustice seriously.  As should you.  As should anyone.  The second we allow
injustices to slide, then, well, whatever...

Dave K

In terms of seriousness, someone fiddling with images on a toy forum rates
pretty low with me, which, incidentally, is the exact reason I dived into this
thread in the first place. Who in their right mind seriously thinks starting
legal proceedings over a silly parody image is an appropriate response? So Ross
made a joke of it rather than responding in kind - BFD.

Who in their right mind would provoke a 'known entitiy' and not expect the
'known result'--isn't that the very definition of insanity?

I'm all for a debate about the scalability of transgressions, if you wanna go
down that road.  That said, an injustice is an injustice.  The response to the
injustice whould definitly be 'scalable'--a person doing 61 kph in a 60 zone
should not face the same judicial punishment as a serial killer.  That said,
both people still broke the law.  We may take the speeder 'less seriously' than
the serial killer, and I'm all for that.  However, that does not give the
speeder a 'bye' from the law.  Nor, in our particular case, should someone who
maliciously provokes Eric be given a 'bye' because of how you rate the
seriousness.  It is a toy forum.  In the grande scheme of 'life' it really isn't
even a drop of water in teh ocean.  However, the second we allow one injustice a
'bye', what's to stop others?  Someone could do someting even more 'bad' here on
LUGNET, and, if we protest, they could say, 'Well, that thing with Eric!..."

I'm jsut saying...

The images have been rectified, explanations have been made, and your still
harping on it, although I do applaud your very laresque ability to belabour a
point ad nauseum.

My 'harping' is merely to point out the falicious arguements of, well, you and
others.  If you didn't make the falicious arguements, I wouldn't be 'harping'.

I refuse to take this thread seriously. As should you.  As should anyone. The
second you lose your sense of humour, then, well, whatever...

I don't take any of this seriously.  Trust me--I'm in no way losing any sleep
over it nor is it negatively impacting on my lifestyle.  I am a person, however,
who refuses to 'drive by' and ignore an injustice.  The images may be fixed, the
explanations may be given, and the LUGNET community will go on--no worries...

So there you are :)

Dave K