 Off-Topic / Fun / 10990
Re: Lego featured in Shinkansen safety poster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:31:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Robert Fries wrote:
   From this Shinkansen website:

It’s aparently translated as:

“A warning. Don’t cross the yellow line! Or you become food for the shinkansen.”

That’s a nice interpretation. Yummy!

It would translate as:

THAT WAS CLOSE! You might disappear from the station!

Please take care not to cross the yellow line on the platform.

Also, if you see someone fallen on the tracks:

* Watch the direction the train enters from.
* Wave in large motion towards the incoming train. (Press the Emergency
  Stop button if the station has one.)
* Don't panic, report to our staff.

It’s fun to have something to sharpen my Japanese on...

Heh. I haven’t seen many train safety posters, let alone one done in Lego, and let alone one that tells you what to do if someone falls on the tracks!

To be on topic: I don’t remember seeing any sailor girl minifigs so that must have been specially prepped for this poster.

XFUT off-topic.fun for Japanese content...

Keith