 Off-Topic / Fun / 10974
10973  |  10975
Subject:
Good to the last drop!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:08:36 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I just came from donating at my employer's semi-annual blood drive.  If you
happen to undertake the same noble service, here's my advice: don't try to make
jokes about it while you're there.

To wit, I was sitting at the juice-&-cookie table after they'd tapped a pint,
and I jokingly mentioned to my friend, seated across from me, that he should lie
down because he looked a little blurry.(1)

Quick as a flash a pair of geriatric phlebotomists manhandled me back onto the
donor's lounge chair and put a cold compress on my head.

   "But I was kidding," I insisted.
   "Lie back and relax," they told me.

Dave!

(1) The astute reader will realize that I stole this fine joke, more or less
intact, from one Maxwell Q. Klinger, who probably won't mind its theft.