 Off-Topic / Fun / 10773
Re: Question for the Conservatives out there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:19:09 GMT

   K, so Dave K’s Prez..

SecState would be... I’d say Larry (or John, I’m still debating that)

SecDef would be Bruce (cause I like his style about dealing with foreign peeps)

Who else...

Oo! Oo! Me! Me! Pick me!!!

I can actually save you some money, being appointed Health & Energy Secretary simultaneously. My Programme for the next 4 years will deal with the growing obesity problem amongst youths, and at the same time tackle the energy crisis. In fact, I propose that every obese child be assigned a static bike, modified in such a way that it acts on a small electrical generator. The effort, in Wh or J or cal, that a person would have to generate everyday would be indexed to their BMI. The generated power would then be either stored in batteries for domestic use, or converted to AC and delivered in the powergrid, thus benefiting the entire society at peak hours. This way the fight against extreme weight would become a patriotic issue. And the more patriotic your heart is, the less clogged the arteries are - the citizens will therefore be able to live longer with a higher quality of life, meaning less money is to be put in healthcare for their old age...

But my Programme will also be benefical to other departments:

The static bikes needed to undertake this endeavour would become a new product for the military industries, thus enabling the Secretary of Defense to cut back a little on military spending without effectively harming much needed jobs. In short, instead of tanks, bikes. The models also require an attached generator, which in turn must be developed - the scientists will have work for the next few years.

The Secretary of Agriculture will also have his job made easier: since the obesity problem is tackled after it occurrs, the demand for high-caloric foods is not negatively affected - in fact, armed with the knowledge that burning excess calories is a patriotic exercise, citizens will feel compelled to fill their systems with carbohidrates and fat... a major boost in consumption is to be expected.

The State Secretary would then have his life made easier too: having this newly available power source, the dependance of the nation from foreign oil is greatly reduced; therefore, the number of undemocratic regimes to be tolerated will significantly decrease, allowing us to regain our spot as the moral beacon of the world.

All these reasons I now submit to your consideration, Mr PreZident.

Sincerely,

Pedro