 Off-Topic / Fun / 10752 (-10)
  Re: What's Your Favorite English Word?! (was: What's Your Favorite German Word?!)

Lakh. (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What's Your Favorite English Word?! (was: What's Your Favorite German Word?!)

(...) Sounds as though it would be perfect to use for dining on mince and slices of quince! (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: What's Your Favorite English Word?! (was: What's Your Favorite German Word?!)

(...) Nowadays it's that two-in-one utensil you get at Kentucky Fried Chicken. A spork. But the term was made up purely for rhyming purposes by Edward Lear, when it referred to a fork with one sharp curved prong and two wider prongs, useful for (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: What's Your Favorite English Word?! (was: What's Your Favorite German Word?!)

(...) Not beautiful by any means, but I like arbitrary and capricious (only when used in tandem). And I've liked runcible spoon since I was a child although to this day I do not know what a runcible spoon actually is. Maggie C. (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: why has lego direct ignored the space theme?

(...) !Good point... Probably 'cause .castle keeps whip-beating them like the little astro-punks they are! The Spacers just need someone to turn on...jus' give 'em time, they'll eventually put a blaster to each other soon enough. ;) ~Lovin' the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What's Your Favorite English Word?! (was: What's Your Favorite German Word?!)

Transmogrify... *3vil Grin* -bm www.brickmodder.net (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What's Your Favorite English Word?! (was: What's Your Favorite German Word?!)

(...) Please take this to off-topic.fun, it's not really on topic for .general... Thanks! ++Lar (whose favorite English word is NOT "compartmentalised" although sometimes it looks like it is) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Some good news for a change, maybe?

(...) Merely a stepping stone. (...) Well, knock me over with a feather. Somebody inside NASA is apparently considering whether NASA should give prizes too. Maybe nothing will come of it, maybe it was a misquote, who knows. But maybe??? (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  (canceled)

  Re: Some good news for a change, maybe?

(...) It's valid to ask whether this is scalable technology or not but if one isn't impressed by this, one is part of the problem, in my view. It's not the technology per se that's the impressive part, although that's certainly cool, it's that (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact