 Off-Topic / Fun / 10660
10659  |  10661
Subject:
In Your Face, Boston Bruins!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:56:01 GMT

My beloved Montréal Canadiens destroyed Bruins' fans' hearts yesterday when they
eliminated the Boston team in the 7th game of a best of 7 series, en route to
the Stanley Cup.

For those of you who didn't know, it was the 23rd time in 30 playoff series
between these arch-rivals that the Habs beat the Bruins.  But this time, it was
even sweeter because they were loosing the series 3-1, going in Boston for the
5th game (and 7th if needed, which was the case).

It was the first time in Bruins history that they let go a 3-1 lead to loose the
series.  It was also the first time the Canadiens won after loosing the series
1-3.  All in all, odds were the Habs were toasted after the third defeat in
double-overtime.

For those who ignore this, the Bruins are a dirty team, using too often (well, a
single time is one too much) their hockey sticks as dangerous weapons and their
fists instead of their skills.  B's captain, the big moron Joe Thornton, who's
as skilled as you can get, is one of the dirtiest of them all.  Goo thing for
him he's now the scapegoat in Boston, getting an impressive 0 points in 7 games.
Saku Koivu, at least 5 inches shorter and nearly 60 pounds lighter that Joe
"There's no I in Looser" Thornton, led his team (and the league) with 10 points
in 7 games, feeding his linesmen Kovalev (5 goals) and Zednik (3 goals) and
showing what a true captain is.

So to the Boston Bruins fans, I have only this to say, after insulting and
taunting us Montréal fans when your team was apparently going to win it easy :
IN YOUR FACE!

And to true hockey fans, for those who like to see skills and not kills, well,
everyone hates those B's anyway (and Leafs too), so see you in round two!

Tha Habs can now loose in 4 games against the powerhouse Tampa Bay Lightning,
I'll still be smiling about the Boston elimination.  What can I say, we have two
traditions here in La Belle Province in the spring: going to the sugar shack and
watching our Habs send the Bruins to their golf clubs.

Terry
Go Habs Go!