 Off-Topic / Fun / 10556
Re: Battlestar Galactica
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:02:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Wayne McCaul wrote:
Sooo... Has anyone seen SciFi's new "Battlestar Galactica"?

I've been waiting for months so I definitely watched it.

I actually found it much better than I expected. Even to the point where I'm
sort of hoping they greenlight a series or at least more movies.

I feel the same way.

It had a great
subtlety to it - especially the space shots. I loved the way the fighters used
maneuvering thrusters to alter their trajectory. And the little control ship
that worked with the fighter squads.

The Viper looked groovtastic.

I thought so too.  Very realistic...not forgetting it is SCIFI and TV hehe.

And yes, I was quite a fan of the original show as well. I guess I felt like it
wasn't the train wreck everyone seem to have been making it out to be.

I grew up watching Galactica and Buck Rogers.
So I was also a big fan of the old series.  I have to say for me this series
had some definite improvements and I am not talking just special effects.
The realism behind the space battles, military and civilian aspects of the
storyline, the plot in general was very good.

I think the "13th colony" bit should have been worked on some more.
I would have loved to see that there was a project on the way looking
for Earth, rather than just say that it is a legend.

Overall I think it was pretty good.  They should stop making the "new" Starbuck
so butchy and I did not like Boomer for some reason. She did not "fit"
right...  But could just be the acting.
I really do hope that we get more.
Take care.
David.