 Off-Topic / Fun / 10223
Re: 'drinking urine may not be good for your health'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:29:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Scott Arthur writes:

Cameroon bans urine 'remedy'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2847557.stm

magistrate: 'For several years now, I haven't had a hair on my head, but since
I started drinking my urine, it's started growing again - it's quite
extraordinary'

No comment!

Scott A

There's an anti-smoking commercial right now that compares swimming in a
pool where someone may have pee'd in it to breating in a livingroom where
someone's smoking...

"the volume of space is about the same but swimming in pee, though gross, is
essentially harmless, whereas second hand smoke contains 4000 chemicals,
some of which are very toxic..." and goes on to list a bunch of noxious
sounding chemicals.

But more specifically, if someone told me that drinking my own urine woud do
anything beneficial for me, I really don't care what it is--I don't think
I'd drink it.  This stuff is what the body doesn't want and is thus
eliminating it--bringing it back in to the body... just makes me shake with
ickiness.

Dave K