 Off-Topic / Debate / 9969
Re: Geology from Outer Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 04:36:57 GMT

Dave Schuler wrote:

Oh, come, come now. They didn't really mean that every SPECIES of animal
went in the ark. Just every KIND.

  I see--two prokaryotes and two eukaryotes.  *Now* I understand!  What could I
have been thinking??

You are lost in a maze of twisty little contradictions, all alike.

  Ah, Zork!  An all-time favorites!

Oh definitely (though I've never finished it, I've just always loved the
idea from the very beginning when Infocom brought computers to Boskone
to show off their nifty new game). These days Zork fits on your Palm
Pilot. Several folks have reverse engineered the virtual machines which
Infocom used and they have been ported to just about any platform
capable of having programs loaded and providing a keyboard (or
equivalent) and display. Then someone else wrote a compiler for people
to use to write new games to the same virtual machine. Then to complete
the circle, some of the original Infocom folks used the compiler and
virtual machine clones to write a new Zork game... Conveniently, a few
years ago, almost all of the Infocom games were released on a single CD
by Activision.

If you check out the Interractive Fiction section of my gaming links
page:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Gaming/Gaming.html

you will find some links.

I was starting to play with this stuff, then I re-discovered LEGO...

FUT: lugnet.off-topic.fun

Frank