 Off-Topic / Debate / 9820
  Re: Science and beliefs (was Re: Alien races)

(...) Here's something my brother Ken wrote that pertains to the subject... Food for thought. --Ryan "Many have made reference to facts of science, etc, or understanding of the universe, as if they speak a definite, proven message. But, indeed, they (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Science and beliefs (was Re: Alien races)

This is the same old Creationist dodge: (X) scientific theory isn't PROVEN (nothing is in science - it simply shows you don't understand science when you say such things) so it's just as much an article of faith as religion. Except one is based on (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Science and beliefs (was Re: Alien races)

Bruce Schlickbernd: (...) hand, (...) to (...) Evidence I gave did not *prove* creation, nor did I say that it did. But the evidence can *support* creationism. Here's a few premises: Facts exist Man discovers facts using the scientific method (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Science and beliefs (was Re: Alien races)

(...) I would modify this as follows: Facts Exist Man form hypotheses and theories which he tests via the scientific method Evolutionists find that their hypotheses do not always fit the facts, so they re-evaluate and re-formulate those hypotheses (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)