 Off-Topic / Debate / 9815
  Re: Science and beliefs (was Re: Alien races)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler writes: For centuries the "literal (...) One nitpick(1): I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the Bible never says that the earth is the center of the universe. I think that, at best, this idea is (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Science and beliefs (was Re: Alien races)

(...) That's not a nitpick at all, and I think you're right. My point is that according to the then-current "literal" interpretation (and, admittedly, the teachings of Aristotle), the Earth was the center. Maybe my beef should be with Aristotle, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)