 Off-Topic / Debate / 9798
Re: Essential nature of mankind
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 20:38:47 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
Don't you agree, however, that's a broad assumption based on an even more
broad definition of sin?

Were I in the debate, that'd be exactly my point :)

'Course then we'd be on to defining morality which is my little pet topic,
so I'd better steer clear :)

In the last century, we saw hundreds of thousands of Bosnian Moslems
butchered, raped and murdered by Serbian Christians. In the end, none of the
murderers had the notion that they were sinning. No, they were upholding
their cultural and religious identity (at least that's what they must have
told themselves). THAT's sin!

By my book, not *necessarily*, though I would argue that it probably was
indeed sin after all is said and done...

Darn... I was gonna steer clear, wasn't I?

DaveE