 Off-Topic / Debate / 9777
Re: Courtesy? (was: lots of other stuff)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 06:50:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Robert Bevens writes:

To me courtesy is like respect, it's earned, not given out for free
just because you showed up with shoes and a shirt on.

Well, I'm not interested in getting into your other debate, but I
disagree with your opinion on this point. I think that is *exactly*
the *difference* between courtesy & respect - one is given freely,
the other is earned.

Agreed. Being at least somewhat courteous is an implicit requirement in the
ToS here. Even to darn fools that you do not respect.

++Lar