 Off-Topic / Debate / 9746
Re: Geology from Outer Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 15:48:49 GMT

I believe the earth to be young, about six to ten thousand years old.  There
have been many scientists who have examined the fossil record and found it
to fit just as well in the context of a young earth as in an old one.

We've been through this all before.  Quote me one established, reputable
*scientific* journal (absolutely no spurious web sites, please) that agrees
with your claim.  This claim keeps popping up but there has never been an
answer to my question.

Maybe this will help:

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/6flood.htm

Oops!  My mistake; that site is a thorough refutation of Young Earth
mythology.

Great site. (or is that cite?)  Aside from the shredding of young
earthliness, it's provided what may prove to be one of my favorite quotes:

"Studying science doesn't make one a scientist any more than studying
ethics makes one honest."

James