 Off-Topic / Debate / 9739
Re: Does God have a name for God? (was: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 13:16:53 GMT

Robert wrote:

Uh, I hate to point out your hypocristy...but on the one hand you say
it's easy to go back through the previous messages in the thread, and
yet you add spaces to the subject line which as you know breaks the
thread apart.

While I am flattered by your attribution of devious directed obfuscation, unfortunately I must
confess to not being as clever as all that in this matter - I've not knowingly changed the subject
line in any of the messages I've replied to. That is not to say that they haven't been changed,
merely that I was not aware of it happening. Interestingly enough the messages all appear on the
one thread in my newsreader here, so perhaps it is using some other method for grouping messages
(message ID?)

Not only that but it's considered by most experienced
Usenet surfers as a form of cascade trolling.  Just thought I'd let
you know.  : )

You accusing me of being a hypocrite, yet by then calling me a troll you open yourself up to such
an accusation yourself by giving a canonical demonstration of "the pot calling the kettle black"
:-)

Mind you, at least I learned a new phrase today... cascade trolling. Whatever next? :-)

Let me slow it down for you.

...from....which...I...was...quoting....earlier...

Aha, finally all is clear. In order to participate in meaningful discussion, one must re-iterate
every point one makes on a subject in every post one sends within the thread pertaining to that
subject. Perhaps you should take note of my earlier point (not quoted here for brevity) pertaining
to tedium.

I'm not a God, I just understand human psychology, that and I can
calculate things.  Anyone can do it, it's just a matter of shutting up
for 5 minutes, analyzing your opponent and then calculating expected

I think you're taking this a bit too seriously Robert...

Jennifer Clark