 Off-Topic / Debate / 945
Re: Terms and Conditions Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 22:04:34 GMT

James Brown wrote:
But you are not going anywhere.  Therefore you are not fulfilling the purpose
of walking.

But you are moving - the purpose of walking.

People throughout the ages have been.  Check your ancient history.

Precisely - why are people dredging out ancient history.  Lets go back
to Roman times and get ourselves killed - back to the past!

"it" gets into their head.  Care to clarify that?

The intial thought of homosexuality - if no-one knew it existed no-one
would ever have those feelings in the first place - the power of the
mind.

How is euthanasia even remotely relevant?  Stick to the topic, please.

You said it was about having 2 consenting adults - this was a
counter-example.

That is not sufficient grounds for your argument.  Using the same premise,
people who cook are ill, because they go against their natural diet.

There is no natural diet - only food which makes the person survive -
otherwise they will become ill.

As I have mentioned before, provide some medical proof, please.

Why don't you prove it isn't?

Who determines normal?

Who determines deviance?

Well, unless you're playing devil's advocate, I think I've got a pretty good
idea, and, to be honest, I don't see much point in continuing.  You seem
unwilling to shift your position, state it clearly, or defend it.

OK, I'll let you do a concluding statement then in response to this one
- make it quite short and we'll leave it at that - no-one is going to
win methinks.

The opinion I have expressed here states that:

Homosexuality is an illness or false illness created by the power of the
mind.
Simple sexual mechanics dictate that it is unnatural.
The point of a serious relationship is to eventually procreate (some
couples will decide not to but there is the potential)
It creates social problems that don't need to exist.

James reply:....

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170