 Off-Topic / Debate / 9031
Re: Bxoing as a 'Youth' Sport.?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:22:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Alex Farlie writes:
Does anyone have an opnion on this?

Personally I feel that openly violent sports (such as boxing) should not be
encouraged in schools. The problem with Boxing being that it normally
invloves driect phyiscal agression against the two opponents.. This could
mean that the youths involved will learn new techniques and then use them
outside the ring..

"aggression" is common to many sports. The problem with pugilism is that its
aim is to give the opponent, at least, short term brain damage.

Scott A

However there are those that agure that boxing also teachs self control...

Alex