 Off-Topic / Debate / 9008
  Re: Why not Both?

(...) Excellent! No further qualms then :) (at least at this level) (...) Oh? How so? I don't see it any less divisive than any other choices I might have offered... Unless you think it my purpose to pick apart Christianity thanks to its diversity, (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why not Both?

(...) Good - an easy one! "Sect" I usally take to mean a small, off-the-beaten-path branch of something greater. Although that may not have been your intention, I _did_ only say 'a bit.' My branch of Christianity is actually pretty mainstream - I (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why not Both?

(...) I still don't really see it as any more divisive than had I said "branch" or something... I was simply going down the narrower path. The Bible is common to Judaism (at least the Old Testament), Christianity, and I think also Islam, even though (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why not Both?

(...) Clarification on Islam (and this is just my understanding, please correct me if any of the following is wrong): Islam acknowledges that the bible is a "good book" and does contain revelation from God (Allah), but holds that it is not the full (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)