 Off-Topic / Debate / 8969
    Re: Not at all a pact with the devil... —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) No difference there except semantically, at least not the way I was using technology in this context, rather broadly. MS got this part of the standard wrong in that the MS web browser saves bookmarks to pages without the trailing slash, and (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Not at all a pact with the devil... —Todd Lehman
   (...) Well, guess what. You suspect wrong. By the time my handler realizes that the page doesn't exist, it has already output the HTTP header. Thus, it can't easily go back and redirect the page at that point with a 'Location:' header. I'll figure (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)