 Off-Topic / Debate / 8746
Re: Problems with Christianity and Darwinism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 06:41:45 GMT

Steve:  You seem to be set on directing your posts only toward a single
recipient rather than answering questions and rebuttals from the readership at
large.  If this is the case, I urge you to pursue your discussion via email,
or at the very least to answer some of the refutations of your claims here on
LUGNET.  Otherwise, you seem to be taking a head-in-the-sand approach to
debate, and nothing constructive can come of that.

Just to jump in for Steve on this one, I think the present course was
somewhat diverted from Steve's original intent. I think (correct me if I'm
wrong Steve) that Steve's intent has been to dispute the moral theory I
presented. In so doing, he made the fatal mistake of unearthing the buzzword
of 'evolution' and 'Darwinism'. It honestly doesn't relate (I don't think)
to my moral theory, and as such, I don't think Steve's under any obligation
to continue down that already trodden path if he doesn't want to-- sorry if
you're feeling left out though... I will agree that I would like his
feedback on that aspect of the thread. But I will also point out here that
Steve's posts are a lot less frequent than some other people's here in
o-t-d... He's not often posting multiple times a day, so just because he
hasn't said anything yet doesn't mean he's not going to. Although he very
well may not. Dunno.

As far as pushing it to email goes, I suppose we could... But honestly I do
rather like having our discussion in an open forum in case either he or I
don't see something that's worth pointing out, and someone else does. I will
admit, though, nobody else seems to wish to dispute moral theory in general
as much as they want to dispute more concrete things like Darwinism...
Perhaps if this continues to be the case we really should consider moving it
off-line... The only note I'll add to that is that I have noted at least one
other person saying that they've appreciated the input on the moral theory
arguement... I suppose changing the title of the thread is really in order
just to distinguish it from the evolutionary theory thread...

DaveE