 Off-Topic / Debate / 8605
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 16:05:49 GMT

I happened to strike up a conversation with two jackbooted(1) police

1 - as in, that's what they were wearing, honest. Great big huge brown
leather boots that went to their knees and were outside their pants,
nightsticks, riot helmets, and guns.

All historical context aside, jackboots are pretty cool, and go a long way
towards a sharp-looking uniform.

It's an interesting (though mostly unreasolvable) question wether they had
the jackboots in spite of, or because of, historical context.

<snipped some good advice about behavior in strange places>

James