 Off-Topic / Debate / 8526
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 22:03:16 GMT

Guns are designed to sell.

Well I'm not sure I agree. I bought my revolver (and the hollowpoint bullets
I keep in the speed loader) based on my evaluation of how much bang for the
buck I got. Those hollowpoints will stop a person dead in his tracks. I
would have shot myself in the foot if I'd went for a fancier gun with less
stopping power. Yes, I could have spent more and got more but it was a price
performance tradeoff, I spent under 250 for the whole package.

The gun I bought was designed to kill people, and it sold well because of
that, not the other way round.

The gun manufacturer designed it to appeal to people with some cash.  So that
they would give the cash to the manufacturer.  Whether or not the gun kills
people, looks pretty, fires blanks only, or can be used as a hammer in a pinch
doesn't matter to the manufacturer beyond the dollars that will be the outcome
of their sales.

You bought it because it would kill.  They made it because it would sell.

Chris