 Off-Topic / Debate / 8524
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 20:51:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Culberson writes:

Statistics be thrown out the window - if you're in a position where no
matter how bad the argument gets you'll haul a gun on your own family
then gun control isn't going to help -- you can just as easily use
anything else around the house for a weapon even if you're gun is taken
away.  You need proffesional help (or punishment) if you're in that
state of mind.

Nope, simply not true.  How many deaths by knife are there in comparison to
those by gun in the US each year?

I'm willing to bet that the death rate by firearms in the UK is substantially
less than the death rate by firearms in the US , eh?

I'm also willing to bet that the difference in the knife deaths in the UK and
the USA do not make up for the above difference,if you use deaths per 100,000
rather than strictly by numbers.

It takes much less physical will to kill someone with a knife than with a gun.

James