 Off-Topic / Debate / 852
    Popular society (Was: New Web Page) —Jeremy H. Sproat
   (...) Plus, he makes really really really cool Castle sets. (...) Sure, they're evil. But... Why is everyone scrambling to go see Star Wars? Why is everyone scrambling to buy the toys? To see the makeup jobs? To explore brave new possibilities for (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Popular society (Was: New Web Page) —Mike Stanley
   (...) I'm going to see the new SW movie for the same reason I went to see Jurassic Park - I dig cool special effects. Sure, I like the good vs evil aspect of it, but I never cared much for the "story" in the other three. I'm sure this one will be (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)