 Off-Topic / Debate / 8427
  Re: there ain't no such thing as "year zero"...

(...) You're missing my point. There wasn't a year 1 AD either. There is a year which we now call 1 AD. My point is that the relevance of when the bleep the calendar started is about zero. Therefore I find more relevance in the last digits turning (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: No "year zero", but if there was, we STILL just started new millenia!

(...) If that's the case, my computer that reads 2001 is wrong. If there was no year 1, then how is there a year 2001? Any numbering system for years starts at an arbitrary date - you are correct that there wasn't a year 1 in the sense that the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)