 Off-Topic / Debate / 8354
8353  |  8355
Subject:
What Would It Take? (was:Re: Problems with Christianity)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 21:38:21 GMT

David Eaton wrote:

<snip>

But again, we've reached subjectivism.

<snip>

Hey Dave, Dave! et al.  You are absolutely correct.  And while I find these
discussions interesting (when I am able to squeeze in the time), they are a bit
unsatisfying, because we usually talking apples and oranges here.  The whole topic
of God and Christianity really isn't debatable, but the discussions which arise
out of it are very informative and interesting to me.  Thank you to all who take
the time to present their views in the interest of knowledge dissemination:-)

A question (which I think I posed to TomS whose answer I can't seem to find in the
slew) I would like any atheist or agnostic to discuss would be: what would it take
for you to believe that God exists?  The reason I ask is because, after having
heard all of the arguments presented here, I am left with the impression that
there is *nothing* that could make one believe in God.  Is that a fair assessment?

-John

DaveE