 Off-Topic / Debate / 8312
Re: Problems with Christianity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 15:08:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:

<snip>

So Christians, rise to the challenge if you can, otherwise, agree that
you can not support your conclusions by using the tools of debate and
critical thinking. If we can not use critical thinking and debate to
better understand Christianity, then this debate is totally worthless. I
for one am not going to accept that your "morality" is right without
being able to critically examine your assumptions.

Note the distinction Frank is making... he is asserting that the *debate* is
worthless. Not that christianity, in and of itself, is worthless, per se. If
something cannot be proven or disproven, in the end it comes down to a
preference that you personally have.

My preferences are based on things like the past history of christians and
on a preference for things that are logically supportable. That brings me
personally to a preference based conclusion that christianity is not for me.
(I had put "worthless" there but removed it).

++Lar