 Off-Topic / Debate / 8243
Re: Nature of man (was Re: Problems with Christianity)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 18:51:14 GMT

James Brown wrote:

Another take: Maybe God's omnisicience is not a static thing.  Perhaps, with
each choice we make, God's knowledge is updated.  As a rough analogy, a jar
of water does not change in content by being stirred.

Then it is no longer omniscience.

Another take: (and the one I tend to lean towards) Omniscient and
omnipotent, as commonly defined are self-defeating. (Can God make a rock he
can't lift?)  Shift the definition to "know all things knowable" and "do all
things doable", and God can be omnisicient without compromising free will.

Not to the true definition of omniscience.  And if you state God is not omniscient,
he really can't be considered God anymore.  A creator that does not know his work
is not a very good creator.  Same goes for omnipotence.